Tuesday, April 8, 2008

25 Days Left!!

I can't believe how fast time is flying. There are only 25 days left until I get married and all the stress is beginning to sink in. I really shouldn't be that stressed because I've gotten a lot done early. But for some reason I keep thinking of little things that need to get done. I think I'm trying to make it too "perfect" and I should just let some things be the way they will be. It has been so much fun though! The announcements are now out in the mail (yay!!!) and I'm so excited about them! Jayla did a GREAT job designing them and the picture Leora took fits them perfectly! She's an amazing photographer! LOTS of thanks to both of them! Look for them in the mail this week! I'm getting really antsy for the wedding to be here. I'm so excited about it! I'm also very excited for the honeymoon! I just found out (well officially found out) that we are going to the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu in Hawaii!!! I can't believe we'll be going there for a week! It's going to be so nice! We've got plans to go snorkeling, see the Polynesian Cultural Center, see Pearl Harbor, get fresh pineapple from a pineapple plantation, go to the swap meet, and of course plans for some sweet alone time ;). The resort is right on the beach and our room has a balcony that looks over the beach and the ocean. I can't wait to feel the warm Hawaiian breeze and smell the tropical flowers! Paradise is only 25 days away! Yay!!!

In other news, Nate is leaving for Seattle tomorrow because he has an interview with Boeing on Thursday. They are flying him out there and are really excited to meet with him. I don't really know the details of the job except that it has to do with computer support...lol. I'm really excited for him because it's a big thing that a company like that is so thrilled to meet him and possibly have him on their staff. I hope it goes well for him! Pray for him if you can! I don't know exactly what the Lord wants for us, whether we need to stay here for a little while or we need to move up there. At the moment I don't feel any distress or worry about moving up there or about staying here. In fact, I feel calm about either decision. Maybe that means which ever choice we make is okay. I know the Lord is really blessing us and I think the fact that Nate is being so highly considered for this job is a blessing from Him. One good thing about Boeing is that they offer as part of their benefits the chance to take pilot lessons and get a pilot's license without all of the excessive expense. Nate has always wanted to get his license but it just costs too much so this would be an amazing opportunity for him to fulfill one of his dreams. That would be so great! He's so amazing and definitely deserves it! While he's gone I'll be out doing shopping for wedding stuff with Mom. Hopefully we can get a lot done!

The last thing I want to tell everyone is that I had my first bridal shower this past Saturday. It was a blast!! My old roommates Lindsay and Sam put it on for me. They were so sweet and did so much! They had a tropical theme and made me wear a grass skirt, seashells and a lei....lol. It was awesome. Everyone else got leis too and we had fruit and fruit dip, punch, banana cake, and chips and salsa. We played some cute games and I got some really good gifts! I got lots of stuff for the beach including 2 beach towels, flip flops, sunscreen, 3 cute beach bags, and a sarong. I also got a couple of cookbooks and some bath and body stuff. Of course I got a couple of sets of lingerie and other fun "first night" gifts. It was great! Thanks to all those girls who came and to Sam and Lindsay for making it so wonderful! Anyways, hope conference weekend was great for all of you! If you didn't get the chance to see it or missed a session or two you should definitely get online and listen to it. It was amazing! We have wonderful men leading the Church as apostles and prophets. They truly are men of God! How wonderful to be able to get direction and guidance like this! Hope everyone is doing great! Love you all!

No comments: